When your loved one receives a terminal diagnosis, you will find yourself scrambling to support them in their final months while also working through your own feelings of grief and impending loss.
Hospice is not just here for the patient; we are here to support the whole family. To help you cope with difficult emotions, we offer bereavement services.
Compassionate Support as You Process Your Grief
The bereavement counselors at Journey Palliative and Hospice can provide you with the following types of support:
- Grief counseling for family members and friends of the patient. This includes services for children and adults. We are here to offer perspective and to listen.
- Grief counseling for the patient, who will also be processing loss during the end of life.
- Instruction in relaxation methods, art therapy, and other techniques that can help relieve stress and improve mental wellness. Every individual works through grief in their own unique way, and we will take the time to help you find what works for you.
- Referrals for a range of community resources for bereavement.
- Support groups where you can listen and share with others going through the process of bereavement.
- Memorial services where you can come together with others to pay tribute to your loved one’s memories.
- Spiritual counseling that can accommodate practitioners of all faiths.
Let Us Help You During This Difficult Time
The loss of a loved one is a painful and challenging experience to process, but you do not have to go through it alone. We are here to walk alongside you through each stage of grief with multicultural, multilingual bereavement services that are fully personalized to the needs of your entire family. Please give us a call today at (818) 748-3427 to schedule your consultation.