When you think of physical therapy (PT), you probably associate it with injury recovery. But physical therapy also can play an important part in maintaining quality of life and autonomy during the end-of-life stage in Burbank hospice care.
Benefits of PT for Hospice Patients
Here are some of the ways physical therapy can help your loved one:
- With PT, your loved one can retain as much mobility as possible.
- The added functionality that PT brings can help your loved one to maximize their autonomy.
- Physical therapy can alleviate pain and increase comfort.
- The patient will be able to move more safely.
- The caregiver will not need to do as much to assist the patient with certain movements as they would otherwise, which may enhance safety and reduce strain for the caregiver.
Our Hospice Physical Therapy Services in California
Here are some of the PT services we offer hospice patients:
- Physical therapy for pain relief.
- Training for doing daily tasks safely, like climbing stairs.
- Techniques that help conserve energy.
- Tips for comfortable positioning.
- Edema management.
- Suggestions for modifications you can make to your loved one’s home for their comfort, autonomy and safety.
Along with instructing your loved one for how to move safely, we will be able to provide you with some pointers as well. That way, you can keep an eye on your loved one and remind them of the guidelines as needed.
Find Out How We Can Help
You may be surprised what a difference physical therapy can make in your loved one’s life, while also making it easier for you to perform your duties as a caregiver.
To learn more about our PT services and how we can help maximize mobility and alleviate pain for your loved one, please give us a call today at (818) 748-3427 to schedule your consultation.